Tuesday, April 28, 2009

A Big Adventure

In the last couple of weeks I have been trying to help a friend of mine at a different school where to study abroad. She has narrowed it down to either Scotland or Australia and is torn. The school in Scotland is much smaller and has a riding club but Australia is so cool and she won't get many more opportunities to go there again. I have been trying to help her decide but the both us can't decide which place would be better.

This has gotten me thinking of where I would like to go abroad for a semester. It is something that I definitely want to do but I just have no idea where. My friends, roommates for next year, plan on going to Italy one semester together. They told me I could go along. I love Italy but I'm not sure if studying abroad for a semester with friends is the best idea. I feel that part of going abroad is knowing nothing about the area and knowing no one there. It is a chance to really get to know yourself and experience wonderful things. I'm not even sure if I want to go to Italy. I have been there before and think that it might be cool if I go somewhere that I haven't been yet or to one of the cities I visited over the summer in Europe that I only spent 18 hours in.

I guess I will just have to talk to my parents and see what they think. I don't think I'll go anywhere until the fall semester of junior year so I have some time to think it through and really decide if i want to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment