Monday, April 27, 2009

When Can I Move In?

I have been over to my new house several times in the last few weeks and it just makes me want to move in right now! Every time I go over there it feels more and more like my home. I am so excited to live there for the next three years (probably more). I want a cozy place to just chill out and relax, the dorm isn't very good for this. I want to have friends over for movie nights, for dinner, for art projects, and for the occasional party. The dorm just seems so confining. Here I have to sign people in at the front desk, where the guards take our I.D.s and force us to stay together the entire time. I can't even have more than two people over at a time, so i usually don't even bother with bringing over guests. I plan on having my house all open to all friends, if it is ok with my roommates. The majority of my friends are living farther away from campus where as I am practically on campus. I will let them use the house between classes if they do not have time to run back to their house, as long as I am home or my roommates are. At the house I can decorate as I wish, use extension chords, and will have no quite hours to abide by. I will be free to do what I wish (within reason). I just want to move in right now. I have the keys and my mattress is already in the house, what more do I need? I guess what is stopping me is school work and the dorm. School is taking the majority of my free time so I have almost no time to pack, move and clean the dorm. Because it is impossible to completely move over there even if I take over all of my stuff (no internet for school work) I would be back and forth between the house and the dorm constantly and that isn't very fun at all. I guess I will have to wait until my last exam on the 7th to move all of my stuff the few blocks before I head home. Over the summer I will come over every now and then to enjoy the house, but I can't fully enjoy it until August. I guess I am going to have to wait. This isn't fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment