Monday, April 27, 2009

Should I Stay or Should I Go?

I have unexpectedly fallen in love with Richmond. I love how it is filled with people, bikes and tattoos. I have even gotten used to the crazy amount of cigarettes that people smoke. I like going to the river, hollywood cemetery, the national, and just exploring the city. After walks along the canal, pipeline, and through the streets late at night I have strongly considered staying here for the summer. I almost want to stay here this summer but I haven't been able to plan that out yet and feel like my first summer as a real college student I should spend some time at home. Maybe the summer after this I'll stay in Richmond, get a job and take one or two summer courses. My dad the other day told me that he is basically going to force me to do that one summer and I think I am ok with that. My dad took a few summer classes while he was in college and really enjoyed it and I think he just wants me to have just as much fun as he did.

I heard that it might be easier to get into the one photography class that non-art majors can take during the summer. When I first heard that it was going to be close to impossible for me to take a college level photo class, I was really upset but now hearing that there is a chance that I might get into one over the summer makes me really excited.

Home just seems a little to quite and slow compared to Richmond. I know it will be not as busy here during the summer but I think life here will still be more exciting than life back at home during the summer. I know that a slower pace life will be good every now and then but I think I will miss the city too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment