Monday, April 27, 2009

Summer is Here!

Classes are finally over! I just have 3 tests and a portfolio separating me from sweet summer. It will officially be summer May 7th at 11:00pm. The 8th I have to do a ton of packing, but I won't have to deal with too much school work until August. I have a feeling that this summer will be a great one. Last summer started out wonderfully with a 3 week trip through Europe but after I got home nothing was quite as exciting (though I still had fun). I am already thinking of things that I can do that will keep me entertain through all of summer. The first thing I plan on doing is getting my drivers license. I know its kind of ridiculous that I don't have it yet but once I have it I can feel so much better about myself. I will have the freedom of being able to go anywhere whenever I want. I can go to the barn without worry about what my parents are doing, go downtown without bothering friends to pick me up, go to a job, and even come to Richmond to visit all of my friends staying here over the summer (almost everybody is). This summer I really need a job. My mom had a rule that once I graduated high school I needed a real summer job but last summer I left for Europe two days after graduation, so I had no time to look for a job and by the time I got back many of the jobs were already taken. I just ended up working at the barn a few days a week like I have done every summer and even during the school year. I have two places that I am considering for a job, Freestyle (a snowboard shop), and a store called Cha Cha's, where they sell a variety of things from silly chap stick to homemade purses to dining sets made out of recycled plastic.

This summer I also want to adventure. I'll do the usual trip of tubing down the James but I want to do things that are more exciting. I want to go camping or just pack up the car and just drive. Just drive until I find something interesting or a good place to spend the night. I have a feeling that I will be coming back to Richmond a lot too. I don't know if I can go all summer without seeing some of my friends here and I have a house that needs decorating. There are also concerts here that I plan on going to. I already have the weekend of June the 5th all planned out. Go to Richmond sometime in the morning, hang out with friends, eat dinner at their apartment, go to the Decemberists show at The National, go with my friend to get her tattoo afterwards, then just hang out with friends all night. Saturday I hope we get up at a decent time because I want to spend the day at Belle Isle, sitting in the sun and just exploring. One of my dogs will even be with me. In the afternoon I would like to have a cookout at my house in the back yard and tie-dying clothes will be involved too. Maybe we will paint some canvases that I will hang in my room too. Sunday will be a day to do Richmond things. I might go to the dog park if one of my friends is in town and maybe she will cut my hair. It will be a fantastic weekend

Of course this summer I will do all of the normal things like ride at the barn, go to the lake on the weekends and hang out with friends but I want to be sure that this summer is fantastic. I really hope it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment