Sunday, April 26, 2009

Why Can't I...



Just stop going to school and take pictures. A few weeks ago my digital camera broke. I tried every everything to try to get it to work, I even looked up stuff online, but my camera just wouldn't turn on! After I told my dad about my camera he told me that it would be taken care of, that he would give me his camera, and send mine off to Chicago, to canon to get repaired. While I was upset that I wouldn't have a camera for a week and couldn't take and pictures, I was really excited to get his camera. He has (now I have) a Nikon D70, I finally have a Digital SLR to play around with.

Friday night I took my new camera to the show at The National (Fun and Manchester Orchestra) and have since decided that I just want to go to shows and to take photos of the bands, either selling them to the bands or just working for magazines. At least for a summer it would be nice to either tour with a band or intern with a magazine so I can get a press pass to get closer to the stage to get better shots. I really just love taking photos and to pair that with seeing live music would be the best.

The picture above is one of the photos from the night. Its a pretty good but it could be better. Some things could change, I could have been closer. People were in the way and I was just messing around with all of the settings. If I can manage to get closer, without people in the way, and to figure out the best settings to use on the camera, I could end up with some great photos. After that I just need to find a job that will allow me to just take pictures of the bands for a living.

No comments:

Post a Comment