Monday, April 27, 2009

Vegetables Are Good

Ever since October I have been trying to decide whether or not I should become a vegetarian. While for some people this is an easy yes or no question but I have been debating the pros and cons in my head for a long time and I still can't make up my mind.

Here are a few of the things that are on my pros/cons list

Pros:
  • Better for the environment(one of my main reasons)-the meat industry creates so much pollution
  • I love animals and sometimes feel guilty for eating them. I often picture a cow before I eat a cheeseburger (not on purpose) and it just makes me feel terrible.
  • Tofu is good. It can be prepared in similar ways as meat and is a tasty substitute.
Cons:
  • Eating other animals is just the food chain. As the Lion King put it, "the circle of life."
  • I don't have the best eating habits, will I get enough protein?
  • Some meat just tastes too good.
I know that this isn't a very extensive list but they are the reasons that keep popping up in my head. Maybe I can slowly cut back on my meat intake even though I don't eat it much anyways, or maybe just eat free range meats animals that have had a better life, or just going veggie for a month or so to see how I like it. I've been debating this for too long now, I hope I can finally make a decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment