Monday, April 27, 2009

Oh My Wonderful Dreams

I have always thought about keeping some sort of journal at my bedside to write down my dreams that I felt were worth sharing but never got around to buying one and taking the time out of my morning routine (or even in the middle of the night when I wake up) to actually write them down.

After the other night when I had the most vivid dream that had an actual plot but forgot it within a few hours of being awake, I reconsidered getting some sort of journal to keep by my bed. This dream would have made a great science fiction book or movie but the only think I can remember from that dream is a silhouetted figure, that I can assume is me, standing in front a large silver, metal wall or door.

I wish I could remember more of the dream because it could have really turned into a book or movie that I could have written later on. It was one of the first dreams in a long time that actually made some sense. My dreams are often too choppy, where I suddenly change location, or it looks like I do, but I'm actually still in the same place. Like I will be home and some how it will morph into a house that looks completely different but I still understand that it is my home. I even, at times, change characters in my dreams. By writing down my dreams I will be able to remember them better and share them with the people that I know, or even turn them into a book or movie.

There is a short segment from a dream I had the other night that I actually remember. I was having a conversation with a rat. He was homeless and was hackling me to give him some money, in the same manner that a homeless person would. I kept on insisting that I could take him home and keep him as my pet but he was belligerent and refused my offers and continued to ask for money. I think I remember this one the most because it was so strange. It was strange for many reasons, usually I don't talk to animals in my dreams and I was so surprised that he was refusing my offer of a home and love for the streets and money.

No comments:

Post a Comment