Monday, April 27, 2009

Belle Isle


Friday afternoon, before the show, I went with a few of my friends to Belle Isle. I borrowed an other friend's bike for the trip. We first had a lovely bike ride through Oregon Hill before stopping at the top of a hill overlooking the river to lock our bikes up. We scrambled down the dirt hill, jumped some train tracks, hopped over a fence, and walked across the suspension bridge crossing the river to take us to Belle Isle. Once we got to the island we walked down the trail to find a rock to sit on at the edge of the James River.

It was great to just have a couple of hours to sit in the sun, work on my tan, look for shapes in the clouds, and just enjoy the company of my friends. It was also nice to be near water again. Any sort of body of water always makes me relax. There is just something about water, whether it is in a river, lake, ocean, or even a creek that I found so serene and calming. This was only my second trip to the island, but my first just sitting by the water. Last time we went exploring and wandered around the old factory on the island. I hope I can go back again before I head home for the summer. Maybe I'll go friday. I just want to sit in the sun, listen to the raging river, and relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment