Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Chapstick

Almost everyone that knows me knows that I carry chapstick everywhere that I go. It is one of the things that I never leave home with. I think my use of chap stick has gotten so bad that it is safe to say I am addicted to it. When I loose a stick I get upset and stay upset until I find it again or until I can buy a new pack. I know it is kind of a silly thing to be addicted to chapstick but some how it has happened in the last few years.

I think it started sometime during my junior year of high school. I was put on this crazy medicine to help my skin. It was so intense that I had to go in once a month to get by blood drawn to make sure it wasn't harming anything internally. One of the side effects of the medication was crazy chapped lips. That winter the combination of the medication and the windburn from snowboarding I was forced to use chapstick for what seemed like every ten minutes because otherwise my lips would hurt too much. By the summer I was off the medication and no longer suffering from windburn but I still felt the need to apply chap stick constantly. I was like that for at least another year and for some time after that.

Today it isn't quite as bad. I still carry a tube with me everywhere I go but I can actually go for several hours without putting it on. Every now and then I go back to old habits but overall I have gotten much better. It is a silly little thing that I'm working on and felt like sharing.

No comments:

Post a Comment