Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Unit 1 Paper Topic

Once again I didn't write when I said I would. This time I actually have a decent excuse for not writing this weekend; I'm sick and spent the majority of the weekend in bed trying to get rid of my terrible cold.

on to the more important stuff...

For my unit one paper I plan on writing about the trip I took to Nicaragua three and a half years ago when I was 15.  My dad and I, along with several of my classmates went on a service trip to Nicaragua through the organization Bridges to Community.  We lived and worked in a small community outside of the capital, Managua.

While the trip was a life changing experience for myself and everyone around me, the trip has greater meaning on a larger scale.  Through community service people donate a part of their time and energy to help better their local community or the global community.  Community service can range from volunteering at the local SPCA, tutoring kids, or traveling to another country to build houses.  No matter what level, community service is a selfless action that attempts to better the world.

>>Bridges website  http://www.Bridgestocommunity.org

No comments:

Post a Comment