Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Jumpsart

When I was first told in class the other day that i needed to start a blog I was a little excited.  For almost a month I have been trying to decide if I should start one. The assignment was the perfect jumpstart and hopefully when I am done with the class I will continue to write in it, maybe not everyday like I'm supposed to for class, but at least once a week or so. 

I like the idea of a blog because at any point in the day when I feel like I need to get something out or process my feelings I can sign on and just write.  I know some people will read this but thats not the purpose of the blog.  The blog is for me to become a better writer and to try to understand my thoughts.  Because this blog is a place for me to process my thoughts my entries might not always make sense. I am going to try to write as I think, without a filter.  I am interested to see how that ends up and if my writing improves because of it.

The fact that I'm supposed to write in my blog everyday is a little daunting.  I think that it is a great idea to sit down every day and write but I know there will be some days where I'm too busy or I just don't feel like writing.  I think I'm already a day late so probably some time later today I will write again to catch up and write about the prompt on the weekly schedule about Haiti and the assigned reading, "The Elements of Fiction."

No comments:

Post a Comment