Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Presentation Flop

I feel like my presentation was a major flop. Well maybe not a major one, but it was clearly a flop. My actual presentation in class did not reflect the amount of work that I put into the project. The day we were given the annotated bibliographies I dissected Mary's annotated bibliography; I read every page and took notes in the margins. Later on, I wrote a few pages worth of notes that helped me organize what I wanted to include in the presentation. Then I translated my notes onto cards that I could use them during the presentation. I practiced the presentation several times, to make sure it was long enough and that I could easily make the connections that I left out of the notes. I even visualized myself giving the presentation over and over. When it came to the actual presentation, I feel that all my preparation disappeared. I tried to remember it all during the presentation, what I went over while practicing and the tips we went over in class, but I couldn't turn those thoughts into actions. I guess presentations are not my thing, I tend to keep to myself, and hate being put in the limelight. I should probably try to fix this, so my future presentations are better.

No comments:

Post a Comment