Sunday, February 8, 2009

Response to Essay Exam Handouts

The three handouts on how to prepare and take an essay exam were very helpful.  I have taken several essay exams in the past so I know how they work but it was nice to have a checklist of what to do while writing the essay.  I feel like one of the most important things mention in all of the handouts is to read, underline, and analyze the question so you know exactly what you have to have in the essay.  Another important thing, through experience, I have realized that it is important to look back at the questions while writing the essay to make sure that you still understand what it is asking.  Looking back at the question will help keep you on track it will also help guarantee that that you are answering all aspects of the question.  I also feel that 'don't panic' is great advise.  Once you start to panic about the question and the essay it is hard to think straight and while you are trying to calm down precious time is wasted.

On another note, here's something to do with the 25 facts.  I will respond to the article tomorrow (hopefully) and try to write 5 more facts

No comments:

Post a Comment